Boutique hotel style, bedroom
Customer requirements: A hotel looking bedroom, (not beige though), we don't like boring, not girly and something different".
Design challenge: Disguise the boiler. Create a channel above the original 1930's picture rail deep enough to hold a set of led lights, without showing
hope the original picture rail is hidden behind the old 1970's fitted wardrobes. Create a box pelmet that can be papered to match the upper wall and hide the curtain tracks. Make the room appear more elegant and feel bigger considering the limited space.
Our solution: The room is a boutiqe style hotel bedroom with bespoke led lighting, textured wardrobe doors and window treatment.
- Our customers needed to retain their original dark wood rustic furniture
- This was quite a challenge for us, as furniture of this style is not normally used in a boutique hotel bedroom setting
- The original style was that of very dated fitted wardrobes positioned around the bed, covering the entire wall and in the corner to the left of the window
- The small wardrobe to the left of the window has a boiler and numerous pipes inside, which could not be removed and therefore we needed to disguise them
- We retained the original doors removed the decoration on the front and had a venetian plasterer to create a surface which was 2 tone and reflected the light
- The effect needed to reflect the tones and surface of the textured wallpaper which was used on the upper part of the wall
- The walls were in very poor condition and needed a lot of preparation and work to bring them up to the standard required
- Over the picture rail we fitted a bespoke pelmet incorporating remote control led lights and fitted a pelmet over the window covered in matching paper to give the illusion of an extended upper wall. This was necessary as we needed to hang three sets of curtains covering most of the wall, similar to that of hotel bedrooms
- Using the black metal accessories to incorporate the furniture fitments pulled the scheme together
- The colours in the abstract painting above the bed inspired the chosen bedding and other soft furnishings
- Create a box pelmet that can be papered to match the upper wall and hide the curtain tracks
- Make the room appear more elegant and feel bigger considering the limited space
Contact us about this project
- Cost: £4,000
- Project Year: 2017
- Postcode: SK13 8QU